Getting Started Resources
At Be the One, our top priority is to Seek Him. There is no doubt that God will begin to use you to change the hearts of young people walking through the halls of your school. Begin to pray for favor from your school administration, confidence to recruit leaders and club members, and anointing as you share the weekly content given to you from Be the One.
2. Catch the
As an Activate Club Leader, you will be responsible for being a Be the One culture carrier. A culture carrier is someone who embodies the 5 values of Be the One inside and outside of your Activate Club. To help to prepare you to be a culture carrier we want you to come on one of our local missions trip before you lead an Activate Club. This will prepare you to build your team, get support from your school, and recruit students to come to your events!
3. Gather support
- It will take a team of student leaders, a teacher sponsor, and parents to launch a club that will thrive in your school. It can take time to build your team, and that is okay. Having people partnering with you will strengthen your ability to bring the fun at your club meetings and have a greater impact in your school.
- Follow these links to find out more info about building your leadership team, finding a teacher sponsor, and recruiting parents to help.
-Leadership Team (2-3 people)
4. Get approval
- You will have to get approval from your school administration to launch a club at your school.
- Present this Activate Club Proposal to your school administration or school counselor!
- Faith-based clubs are student-led, therefore you will be the one who has to present the proposal to the administration rather than your teacher-sponsor. It could be valuable for you to bring your teacher-sponsor with you as extra support.
5. Make the plan
- Fill out the Activate Student Leader Sign Up Form to start your club! Once approved, we will make you an account and you will have access to Activate Club Resources (content, schedules, game ideas, etc)
- Once you’ve been approved by your school administration and Be the One, it’s time to get down to the details! Set a place, day, and time for your club to meet (the most common meeting location is once a week before or after school in the sponsor's classroom).
6. Activate Club Launch Party
You’ve made it! The front work has been done, now it’s time to recruit for your Launch Event, It's your job to spread the word in every way possible! Personal texts, announcements at school, word of mouth, flyers, you name it. If you are not intentional with spreading the word, no one will know to come to the Activate Club.